Please Note: Registrations are now closed.
Registration will re-open in February 2020 for the September 2020 and January 2021 School Year.
Dual Credit Enrichment registration is a three step process.
PART 1: Online registration (Apply)
PART 2: Pre-registration Package
(2017-18 Official VIU COURSE LIST)
*Student must state a specific career goal and include a VIU Program Outline that shows how that the dual credit course(s) are required for that program. Students that are transferring to another university must also use the BCTRANSFER GUIDE to show that the course will transfer.
PART 3: Official Course Selection/VIU Registration – April 2018
Approved students will receive the “Official 2018 VIU Course List” and VIU Registration form in April 2018.
2018-19 Dual Credit Programs
Students interested in Dual Credit Enrichment can begin by complete part 1 and 2. The pre-registration package must be submitted to the CTC office, Attn: Dual Credit Coordinator. Call 250-753-6331 ext 407 or email firstname.lastname@example.org (subject: Dual Credit) to make pick-up arrangements at your school.
Only complete applications will be reviewed. All applicants will be contacted about the application status.
Information about Dual Credit “ENRICHMENT”, “COHORT”, or “SPECIAL ADMISSIONS”:
1. To be considered, a student MUST be attending both district high school courses and VIU courses (students can NOT be registered in dual credit courses only).
2. To be considered, a student MUST be school age (18 years old as of July 1st of the school year that they will be attending VIU courses) and a non-graduate.
3. Dual credit students will earn both high school (grade 12 elective) and university credit.
4. Dual Credit Enrichment students can apply to take up to 2 courses, per semester, and maximum of 4 courses, if they meet the 3A’s + 1B criteria, and must meet VIU course requirements (enrichment, cohort, special admissions)
5. Grades from the following academic courses will be reviewed: English 10/11, Math 10/11, SS 10/11, Sc10/11. Other courses may be reviewed if it is applicable to the VIU course prerequisites.
6. If the number of applications received (dual credit enrichment/cohort) exceeds available seats then applications will be selected, in this order:
- a. GPA (calculated using grade 11/12 academic courses)
- b. Recommendation of counselor and/or teachers
- c. Date received
7. Special admission/cohort applicants can apply to take one course, per semester, if they do NOT meet the 3A’s + 1B criteria but do meet VIU entrance requirements and course prerequisite.
* VIU admission requirements is a min. “C” grade in English 12
* VIU courses may have prerequisite requirements
8. The tuition is paid for by the school district but students are responsible for the application fee, student fees, student activity fee, materials, travel, parking and textbooks costs.
Dual Credit registration is open to grade 11 students! This program allows grade 12 students to attend VIU. Grade 11 students are able to apply for VIU courses before regular registration opens! This exciting opportunity is available to our top academic students. To qualify you must have at least 3A’s and 1B in academic courses (English 10/11, Math 10/11, SS 10/11, Sc10/11). Students can enroll in up to two courses per semester and four courses per year. It is important to discuss this option with your counselor and parents.
For more information, visit these links:
Contact Derek Beeston for any questions or further information regarding Dual Credit Enrichment.Derek Beeston: District Principal Careers