The Foundation Electrician program provides trades training that grants graduates a Vancouver Island University certificate as well as ITA Electrician Level I Certification. Graduates of this program may receive credit towards the technical portion of the first year of the Electrical Apprenticeship program. In order to complete the apprenticeship and become a journeyperson, graduates would find an employer in the industry to provide the on–the–job training and 10 weeks in–school training per year in each of the next three years.
- Grade 12, or equivalent, or mature student status.
- Minimum 17 years of age.
- Minimum grade “C” in English 11 or Technical and Professional Communications 12.
- Minimum grade of “C” in one of Principles of Mathematics 11, Applications of Mathematics 11, Foundations of Mathematics 11, or Pre-calculus 11.
- Valid BC driver’s license.
- Successful completion of assessment testing.
- See also Trades general admission requirements.
For more information see: Electrician
Important Deadlines / DatesThere are no upcoming events at this time.
- No essential documents are required at this time youth-train-in-trades