Youth WORK In Trades
Get a head start on the work-based training for an apprenticeship program while you’re still in high school. As an Youth WORK student, you’ll “earn while you learn” and graduate from the WORK program with 16 high-school credits and 480 work-based training hours that count towards your trade credential.
Who is eligible?
- Youth 15 -19 years old
- Students interested in pursuing a trade
- Registered with the ITA with an employer sponsor
- STEP 1: Register online
- STEP 2: Complete the ITA Form
- ITA Youth Apprentice and Sponsor Registration Form
- STEP 3: Complete the district Package
- Registration Package
- STEP 4: Book an appointment to meet with the Coordinator. Call 250-753-6331 ext. 407
REPORTING WORK HOURS
Work hours begin AFTER the student/employer is officially registered with the ITA. Work-based training hours can be submitted by the district/student/employer. Here is the ITA Work-based Training Hours Report:
Students and employers must confirm WCB coverage by completing the WCB Clearance Letter for the employer (volunteer and paid employers). Students in a volunteer placement will have WCB covered by the Ministry of Education but the WCB Clearance Letter confirms that the employer has WCB Coverage.