Youth WORK In Trades
Get a head start on the work-based training for an apprenticeship program while you’re still in high school. As a Youth WORK In Trades student, you’ll “earn while you learn” and graduate from the WORK program with 16 high-school credits and 480 work-based training hours that count towards your trade credential.
Who is eligible?
- Youth 14 -19 years old
- Students interested in pursuing a trade
- Registered with the ITA with an employer sponsor
- STEP 1: Register online
- STEP 2: Complete the ITA Form
- ITA Youth Apprentice and Sponsor Registration Form
- STEP 3: Complete the district Package
- Registration Package
- STEP 4: Book an appointment to meet with the Coordinator. Call 250-753-6331 ext. 407
REPORTING WORK HOURS
Work hours begin AFTER the student/employer is officially registered with the ITA. Work-based training hours can be submitted by the district/student/employer. Here is the ITA Work-based Training Hours Report:
Students and employers must confirm WCB coverage by completing the WCB Clearance Letter for the employer (volunteer and paid employers). Students in a volunteer placement will have WCB covered by the Ministry of Education but the WCB Clearance Letter confirms that the employer has WCB Coverage.