Information Technology & Applied Systems
The Information Technology and Applied Systems (ITAS) department offer two information technology diploma programs for prospective students to choose from. They are the Systems Administration and Networking diploma and the Web and Mobile Development diploma. Both programs were developed in concert with local and global industry input to recognize the rapid growth in the IT sector and the need for skilled graduates who can fill the current and projected high-demand job openings. Featuring small class sizes and hands-on experiential learning, graduates in either program will have the employable skill sets needed to begin their IT career!
Systems and network administrators are a key part of the IT workforce. They work with servers, operating systems, and the networking equipment that keep company’s operating and online. This includes applications such as e-mail and web server management both in the cloud and in data centers all while maintaining strong cybersecurity practices.
Web and mobile developers design and implement user-friendly web and mobile applications that support multiple mobile devices and web browsers to ensure that an organization’s clients and customers can access their online services.
Credit for IT Certifications
Some applicants may already hold industry certifications such as CompTIA’s A+®, Security+®, Microsoft’s MCSA, MCSE, Adobe/Macromedia’s MMCP, or others. ITAS gives credit for selected IT certifications towards an ITAS diploma.
- General admission requirements apply.
- Letter of application describing reasons for wanting to take the program (500 – 1,000 words). Include name and contact information, including email. A handout is available outlining the required content of application letter.
Recommendations for Admission
- One of Principles of Mathematics 12, Applications of Mathematics 12, or Foundations of Mathematics 12.
- Two years previous experience with computers, including experience installing and maintaining operating systems, and using office productivity software.
- ICT 11 & 12 (High School Info Tech).
For more information see: Information Technology & Applied Systems
Important Deadlines / DatesThere are no upcoming events at this time.
- No essential documents are required at this time careers-certificate-program