Information Technology & Applied Systems
ITAS is offered as a one-year certificate, or two-year diploma program. The program consists of two 4-month terms per year, plus a 1-month practicum at the end of the first academic year.
The first year of the program provides students with a solid foundation in computer hardware, operating systems, networking, and web authoring/programming. Students are eligible to receive a Certificate in Computer Systems & Networking upon successful completion of the foundation year.
Credit for IT Certifications
Some applicants may already hold industry certifications such as CompTIA’s A+®, Security+®, Microsoft’s MCSA, MCSE, Adobe/Macromedia’s MMCP, or others. ITAS gives credit for selected IT certifications towards an ITAS diploma.
- General admission requirements apply.
- Letter of application describing reasons for wanting to take the program (500 – 1,000 words). Include name and contact information, including email. A handout is available outlining the required content of application letter.
Recommendations for Admission
- One of Principles of Mathematics 12, Applications of Mathematics 12, or Foundations of Mathematics 12.
- Two years previous experience with computers, including experience installing and maintaining operating systems, and using office productivity software.
- ICT 11 & 12 (High School Info Tech).
For more information see: Information Technology & Applied Systems
Important Deadlines / DatesThere are no upcoming events at this time.
- No essential documents are required at this time careers-certificate-program