The Community Support and Education Assistant Program
This program includes both theoretical studies and practical applications for working with people who have disabilities, across the life span. The core and specialty courses provide students with the skills and knowledge to work in schools and community. The program is offered with courses rotated.
Acceptance into the program does not mean that students will be placed into a practicum. Students will be individually assessed as to their readiness for the practicums in terms of skills, knowledge and personal suitability. Placement into a practicum will be at the discretion of the program Chair.
Students who successfully complete the program will receive a Vancouver Island University certificate. This certificate may ladder into other Human Services diplomas and degrees.
- English 12 with a minimum “C” grade, or equivalent.
- Group interview.
- Two letters of reference.
- Résumé with covering letter.
Recommendations for Admission
- Volunteer or paid experience working with people who are mentally, physically or behaviourally challenged.
For more information see: https://www.viu.ca/programs/human-services/education-assistant-and-community-support
Important Deadlines / DatesThere are no upcoming events at this time.
- No essential documents are required at this time careers-certificate-program